Health and Safety Policy
UPDATED June 2020
Milton Academy of dance takes their responsibility seriously to ensure the safety of their pupils and carers.
Whilst we cannot guarantee a Covid-19 free place, we will do our upmost to provide a clean and safe environment for all users.
Until the virus rates drop and the government allows us to open up more, changing rooms and toilets (unless absolute necessary) will be shut and no access to the kitchen.
Our duty to you:
· Supply hand sanitisers, hand washing facilities on entry to the studios.
· Studio floors have been marked out for 2 metre distancing, including barres and no props will be used for now.
· All teachers will wear a clear face shield, have their own registers/pens and maintain distancing from the students where necessary (except when medical attention is required)
· Between each class, barres, floors and all touched surfaces will be cleaned with antibacterial cleaners.
· All studio 1 students will enter the main door and leave via the side exit door to limit numbers through the main doors.
· Classes will be staggered and shortened slightly to allow a safe changeover of classes and to allow the teachers to clean.
· Closure of classes/school with no notice if a student tests positive, all class members notified. Class fees will be held for make-up classes where necessary.
· To maintain a safe environment for all users following government guidelines and good practice for cleaning and disease prevention at the studios.
· Toilets have contained toilet roll holders, paper towel dispensers and soap/hand sanitisers. Wipes to clean down after (those able to)
· Keep class records to track and trace classes. Contact parents/carers in the first instance of a positive student.
Your duty to us:
· DO NOT COME IF YOU FEEL UNWELL WITH ANY SYMPTOMS.
New continuous cough
Loss or change of smell/taste
· DO NOT COME if you have travelled abroad in last 7 days before returning to the studio
· NOTIFY US IMMEDIATELY IF YOU HAVE TESTED POSITVE / HAVE SYMPTONS AND HAVE BEEN TO THE STUDIO.
· If in doubt take a Covid-19 test before.
· Please social distance outside in the car park.
· Arrive on time, Not too early or late, classes will be staggered to avoid crowds at the door.
· DO NOT BE LATE collecting your child, so we can eliminate un-necessary contact and crowds outside.
· Sign a health declaration that your child is safe to attend.
· Ensure we have your current address / contact details including email by signing into class manager portal.
All pupils must complete an Online Registration Form when joining the school and for enrolling in September 2020 with clear information regarding next of kin, emergency contacts and any relevant medical history.
These details will be kept secure at all times in accordance with the GDPR law and only accessed by teachers at the studio for emergency and Principal for contacting parents for school information.
A copy of emergency contact numbers will be kept on the premises in a password enabled device and locked away overnight.Employment of freelance staff will only be made with evidence of appropriate qualifications. All staff must have completed an Emergency Aid course, child protection and CPB courses and have regular updates. All staff will have an Enhanced Criminal Record check. Pupils will be supervised during class time only and parents / carers must ensure the safety of their children in the waiting, changing and toilet areas. Regular assessment of risks regarding the premises must be made and any concerns raised with the principals. In case of a Fire emergency a clear understanding of responsibilities must be understood by all:-
Fire Assembly Point – Car Park of Walker’s Arms public house.
· Should a need to evacuate the building be required teachers will guide students to the assembly point, re-take the register and contact parents.
· Please do not take your child away until these checks have been made to ensure the safety of all members of Milton Academy of dance.
· Fire Extinguishers and clear guidelines are visually available.
A fully equipped First Aid Box will be kept up to date in both studios. In case of an incident – an Accident / Incident report must be made, and a copy given to the parent / guardian. All children are advised to stay inside the premises until collected by a responsible adult. Teachers will always ensure children have been collected before leaving at the end of each session.
Please speak to Miss Michelle on 07843431694 if you have any concerns regarding the Health & Safety of your child.
Our Schools Risk Assessment and Covid-19 Risk Assessment are viewable on request.